you obviously have

      TOO MUCH TIME







Right now I'm...

Listening to :
Nick Cave : Murder Ballads

Reading :
Defying Hitler

Occupation :
CEO

Weirdest Dream lately :
I dreamed I was on the "other side" when my Dad was passing. I spoke to him and made sure he was okay. Then I woke, and knew he was gone. 30 minutes later, we got the call from the hospital saying that his blood pressure had crashed in the last 30 minutes.

Currently working on :
A BTVS related story called "Long Goodbye" which deals with a member of the Watchers Council being vamped as part of an experiment.
Also completing my nanowrimo effort.

::Menu::

Blogs

o Holz
o HazzardX
o Mike
o Wil
o Neil

Entertainment

o BuffyBB
o PVP
o TV Sans Pity
o Sexylosers
o Slashdot
o Mils Page
o Dilbert
o The Onion
o Savage Love

News

o Information Clearing House
o Greg Palast
o Noam Chomsky Archive
o Zmag
o Want to Know
o What Really Happened
o Guerrillanews
o Spin Sanity
o Media Whores On Line
o TV News Lies

Of interest

o James Randi
o Sceptics dictionary
o Urban legends debunked
o JunkScience
o Numberwatch
o Museum of Hoaxes
o Free Encyclopedia
o Superstring Theory
o Steal This Book

Quality Smut

o Miss Tracys
o Kirstin Archives


::Archives::
Jan 2003
Feb 2003
Mar 2003
Apr 2003
May 2003
Jun 2003
Jul 2003
Aug 2003
Sep 2003
Oct 2003
Nov 2003
Dec 2003
Jan 2004
Feb 2004
Mar 2004
Apr 2004
May 2004
Jun 2004
Jul 2004
Aug 2004
Sep 2004
Oct 2004
Nov 2004
Dec 2004
Jan 2005
Feb 2005
Mar 2005
Apr 2005
May 2005
Jun 2005

A blog for that outspoken and aggressive member of the Buffy Bulletin Board.
This page is powered by Blogger.
   Saturday, April 26, 2003

John Doe : Risen


Risible, more like.
Alright, so I had nothing better to do and I watched the season finale of John Doe. So sue me. Actually, I should probably sue myself. I think I'd win.

I know I missed most of the season, but the recap at the top of the show told me pretty much everything I needed to know to appreciate the episode. If appreciate is the right word.

Futureman Crewmember Daniels of Enterprise plays an NSA agent who helps Doe, in what has to be some of the most convoluted and badly plotted scenes to have graced my television in some time.

There is a mystery man who we only see in profile for most of the show, and I have to admit that I was banking on him turning out to look exactly like our man John. Not so. The man turned out to be Digger

Surprised? Yeah, but also not really bothered. Since the show is most likely for the chop, I'd like to expound my idea of what John Doe was, and if anyone wants to share theirs in a comment that's cool.

I thought the show had a religious feel to it, and the scene in the library in the pilot episode reminded me of the classroom scene in Omen II. Damien, the young boy anti-christ, is unaware of his heritage, and in a history class gets into a confrontation with the teacher. It's very similar.

Anyway, it occurred to me that John Doe might be the literal anti-christ type figure. Some trivial notes : The Phoenix rises in flames, and is immortal. Doe was found naked on burned ground. Although helping people now, it would be an interesting slant to make his "destiny" evil. The non-deaf non-mute tells Doe that it would have been better if he'd been told the truth early on, but now he is not receptive to it. The connections with Istanbul.

All these things kind of made me think in that direction, although his scar reminds me of a symbol for an eclipse. The half circle is a planet, the small intersecting circle is another body, and the two lines represent a geometric sign for equivalent distance. Kind of like how the moons size and distance are exactly sufficient to cover the much larger, much further away, sun.

Yeah, it's completely whack job crazy, but it makes about as much sense as anything else on that show. I won't be sad to see it go.




Comments: Post a Comment